- This event has passed.
Workshop on Paleoclimate Data Standards
June 22, 2016 - June 23, 2016
The workshop will gather paleoclimate researchers, data managers and computer scientists to:
– introduce the community to the LiPD data standard and gather user feedback
– standardize the way climate data are described and archived by different communities/labs/researchers
– explore synergies with existing projects, within and beyond EarthCube
– discuss and critique the first paleoclimate ontology
– present the LinkedEarth platform and build capacity around self-curation and analysis of paleoclimate data.
The workshop will take place on the heels of the C4P hackathon, as it is expected to be of interest to many of the same attendees. Expenses for our workshop will be covered by EarthCube, partially or in totality (depending on the number of participants and their travel costs).
The meeting will take place at the National Climatic Data Center:
325 Broadway Street Boulder, CO 80305-3337
David Skaggs Research Center (DSRC) (Building 33)
Room GC-402 (Outreach Classroom)
Stay tuned for updates and please contact julieneg[at]usc [dot] edu if interested.